In hot summer, people tend to be more indoors. Fill your house with some summer-appropriate decorations such as artificial indoor plants to make your home a great escape from the summer sun and a great place to relax, work or play. In summer, there’s nothing better than enjoying a good meal in a summer house. It can also be the perfect place for a weekend party with friends or family.
2022 Summer Interior Design Trends
- Biophilic design
- Curves and comfort
- Green shades
- Mixing vintage and new
- Biophilic design is all about accepting the rules of biophilic architecture, which means integrating nature into our interiors. Connect human space with nature by introducing plants and colors and materials that represent nature. The easiest way to introduce biophilic design is to use houseplants.
- A major trend in interior design for winter 2022 will continue into summer 2022. Curves are still very popular in interior design. From the curved designs in walls and cabinets to the curved backrests of sofas and dining chairs, the angular lines of furniture are moving in a softer direction. White log furniture with curves seems to bring a fresh and soft feeling to summer.
- Minimalist interior design is gaining popularity. Google searches for this trend tripled by the end of 2021. Minimalists don’t go for the number of decorative items in space but instead incorporate a variety of patterns and colors to appeal. Bright wallpaper, chandeliers, and other elements are common items in the minimalist style.
- In color psychology, green is a color associated with health and nature. Green is a color that brings balance and harmony to the surrounding environment and is refreshing in the heat. Therefore, it is the most popular choice in interior design. There are many ways to add shades of green indoors. The first thing that comes to mind is plants. Potted plants, plant walls, pruning balls, and more can all liven up your environment.
- Sustainability is very easy to embody and achieve in home design. Here are ten tips to help you achieve this benefit in your interior design.
- Energy efficient building and decoration
- Sustainable interior designer
- Choose low-impact materials
- Choose recyclable furniture
- Install energy-saving lamps
- Incorporate different era themes and personalities into your interiors. Combining modern items with antiques can create a retro look that is sleek, stylish, and comfortable, with a sense of visual balance.
13 Summer Home Decorating Ideas 2022
Here are 13 ways to get your house ready for warmer weather. Keep going.
The key factor in summer decorating ideas is simplicity. Use practical items for summer home decor to reduce clutter.
2. Feeling rugs
How little is the interior decoration of the summer abode without a thick and comfortable carpet.
The floors of many summerhomes are made of wood. Wooden floors can feel peaceful and natural. Carpets and wooden floors are two items that complement each other. Rugs of different materials, shapes, and colors can transform a simple floor. They have many functions. The first is to ensure that your feet are warm to the soft touch no matter the day or night. In addition, you may want to put a small wooden table in the room. If the table is directly placed on the floor, it will not look good. You can put a rug in the middle as a transition.
3. Bold color
Summer is the brightest and longest time of the year, so it’s no surprise that bold colors are a summer interior design trend. Most people will default to white, gray, or neutral colors, and few choose bold and bright colors. Summer is the season for enjoying fun and a great time to experiment with bold decorating styles. Choose the right bold color in combination with the overall theme of the interior to give your summer domicile a whole new look.
4. Active with plants
Green shades can bring natural breath on hot summer days. Artificial indoor plants can also provide visual shading for families lacking green thumbs. Technology has been able to make fake plants to achieve the effect of fake and real. There are many kinds of artificial plants on the market to choose from. We need to pay attention to distinguishing product quality. Choose ones that contain UV resistance, so you don’t have to worry about leaf breakage even in direct sunlight. Artificial plants indoor in summer villas are not limited to trees. Others, such as artificial vertical gardens, artificial topiary, and faux hanging balls, are all good choices.
5. Change the curtains
Another easy summer decorating option is changing the curtains. Pulling heavy curtains up like a wall is not for summer. The breathability and lightness of the material are important factors in summer interior decoration. Replace the room with light cotton, silk, or linen curtains.
6. Use mirrors
Yes, mirrors are also an amazing summer outfit idea. Mirrors are generally used for functional purposes in our perception. But they can also serve as design elements. They refract and reflect sunlight, making the entire space brighter and more spacious. With a simple installation, you can add summer vibes to your villa.
7. Keep bright
The most notable feature of summer is that the days are longer, and the daylight is brighter. This means we decorate our house with natural light and let as much light as possible into our spaces. The trick is to keep key items like walls, furniture, etc. light in color. Opt for large floor-to-ceiling windows to let in the full sun. Enjoy summer in the sunshine.
8. Different patterns and textures
Mixing patterns and textures is what breaks up a dull and boring interior style. Summer is the season of lethargy, adding breath through patterns and textures. Such as textiles. Not only are they available in a variety of looks, but they can also be easily replaced.
9. Select a summer theme
If you feel that individual decoration will affect the overall feeling, try to transform the whole by choosing a theme. Nautical themes are a common summer theme. Whether in an inland city far from the sea or in the remote countryside, these beautiful summer-themed decors will make you feel like you’re on the seaside.
10. Choose a porch
Summer decorating ideas don’t have to be limited to indoors. The extension of daylight makes the porch the perfect place to enjoy the outdoors in summer. As an extension and part of the home, the role of the porch is no longer limited to practicality; perhaps it can also play a decorative effect. Bring color and fun to your porch with colorful furniture, flowers, flags and doormats, and more.
11. Summer lantern décor
A summer evening is a must with a backyard BBQ with friends. A summer homestead yard is great for hosting an outdoor summer party. Colorful lights can help add to the atmosphere.
12. Reading corner
Taking time to read amidst life’s hustle and bustle is very important. Set aside a small space in the summer house for bookshelves and transform it into a study. Feel the beauty of writing in a quiet corner.
13. Gaming room
Build the playhouse of your dreams in the villa. It’s a good idea to stay at home and play without going out in the hot summer.
There’s nothing quite like having summer fun in your own decorated home. If you are willing to think and have your own ideas, you can build your own summer dwelling. A summer house can be your summer retreat and the perfect place to unwind. We hope you’ll be inspired by our ideas on how to make your summer habitation special.
Start by purchasing a few pots of artificial plants, and you can contact us for professional advice.